Therapist Legal Services
Therapists Court Fee Information
Attention Clients seeking assistance from Therapists for legal actions!
Clients are discouraged from having therapists subpoenaed or having to provide records for the purpose of litigation. Even though you are responsible for the testimony fee, it does not mean that my testimony will be presented in your favor.
As a therapist, I can only testify to the facts of the case and to my professional opinion.Please note: If I receive a subpoena or notice to meet attorneys, without a minimum of 48 hour notice, there will be an additional $250.00 priority charge. If a court appearance is required, the following fees are in effect:
- Copy of files – $25.00 per file.
- Letter of Recommendation/Clinical Evaluation- $180.00
- Phone calls: $180.00 per hour (billable in 15 minute increments)
- Depositions: $250.00 per hour
- Time away from the office due to Deposition or Testimony: $250.00 per hour
- Time required in Giving Testimony: $250.00 per hour
- Mileage: $.55 per mile.
- All attorney fees and costs that are incurred by the therapist as a result of the legal action.
- Filing document with the court: $120.00
- The minimum charge for a court appearance: $1500.00
A retainer of $1500.00 is due at least 72 business hours before the scheduled court appearance. The remainder of cost will be billed after the court appearance and will be due upon receipt. If the therapist is subpoenaed and the case is resent to court with less than 72 business hours’ notice prior to the beginning of the day of the scheduled subpoena, trial and/or the testimony is not given, then the client will be charged $500.00 in addition to original retainer of $1500.00 for having to appear in court.
All fees listed above are doubled if the therapist has to reschedule any vacation time. Bills are presented to clients on a weekly basis and payment is expected upon receipt. If a payment is not made within a 14 days of invoice being sent out, your credit card on file will be charged. A zero balance will need to be kept at all times.